Important: The following provisions form the basis of the Western Athletic Clubs' Lifestyle Rewards Program (the "Program"). These provisions are intended to protect you and Western Athletic Clubs and its affiliates (collectively "WAC"). These provisions will govern your participation in the Program. For more information, please refer to the FAQ page at waclifestylerewards.com, or contact the Rewards Concierge at 888.824.0824 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Program rules may be changed or superseded by WAC.
- WAC Rewards membership and its benefits are offered at the discretion of WAC, and it has the right to terminate the Program or to change the Program's rules, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation or status levels, in whole or in part, at any time, with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of the usage or certificates already accumulated.
WAC may, among other things, withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any award; increase the required usage required for any award; modify or regulate the transferability of awards or benefits; add an unlimited number of blackout dates; or limit the number of awards available to any or all destinations. Members, in accumulating usage and certificates, may not rely upon the continued availability of an award or award level, and members may not be able to obtain all offered awards or use awards to all destinations.
- Participation in the Program is subject to terms and conditions, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures that WAC may, at its discretion, adopt from time to time. WAC has the sole right to interpret and apply the Program rules. Any failure to follow Program rules, any abuse of Program privileges, any conduct detrimental to the interests of WAC, or any misrepresentation of any information furnished to WAC or its affiliates by any member, or anyone else acting on the member's behalf, may result in the termination of his or her membership, the cancellation of accrued usage, certificates, awards or benefits, or both.
- WAC reserves the right to audit any and all Rewards status accounts at any time for compliance with the Program rules, without notice to the member. In the event that an audit reveals discrepancies or possible violations, the processing of award redemption requests may be delayed pending completion of the audit.
- Each member shall be responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to the Program rules and level of activity in his/her account. WAC shall attempt to advise active members of various matters of interest through such means as may be appropriate, such as account summaries, newsletters and its Web site, but WAC shall have no liability for any failure to do so. WAC will not be responsible for correspondence lost or delayed in the mail. Each member shall be responsible for advising WAC of any change of address, and WAC shall have no liability for misdirected mail or any consequences thereof.
- The accumulation of usage or certificates and the redemption of awards are subject to specific Program rules. Each member is responsible for reading those materials in order to understand his/her rights and responsibilities under the Program. No usage earned or granted under the Program may be transferred or assigned except as expressly permitted by WAC in writing.
The WAC Program is maintained for the benefit and participation of members only. Only individuals are eligible for usage credits, however once status is achieved by an adult member within a membership, all adults within that membership will be upgraded to that status level. Status rewards will be given to the membership, not to each individual within the membership. Duplicate accounts will be subject to cancellation.
Prohibition of sale or barter
- The sale or barter of any certificates, awards or benefits other than by WAC is expressly prohibited. Any certificates, awards or benefits transferred, assigned or sold in violation of the Program rules, may be confiscated or cancelled. The use of awards certificates that have been acquired by purchase, barter, or other conduct in violation of Program rules may result in the confiscation of the certificates, at WAC's discretion.
- Any member who cancels their membership, or is delinquently terminated, will be removed from the Program. Members who rejoin will have to re-earn their program status.
- "Account Activity," for purposes of these rules, shall be deemed to occur when a member accrues usage in his/her account in any manner as outlined and set forth in these rules, or as otherwise approved by WAC.
- By participating in the WAC Program, members understand and acknowledge that their names and addresses may be shared with some or all WAC Rewards partners and that they may receive promotional materials, mailings and emails from WAC and its partners. A member may, however, preclude receipt of any such materials by advising WAC in writing of his/her desire to be excluded from any such partner mailings or communications.
- Only members of the Program are eligible to accrue usage by availing themselves of the means of accrual recognized under the Program. Except to the extent that usage may be earned for participation in special promotions through the authorization of WAC, a member may not accrue usage for the utilization of services, by any other person or entity.
- Usage can be accrued only for one visit to a club per day by the member after the member's official enrollment date, and can be applied only to the member's account. Usage will only be credited for actual visits by the member.
- If WAC improperly denies a member an accrual or benefit, liability will be limited to the equivalent of that accrual or benefit.
- WAC reserves the right to make bonus rewards and promotional offers (by WAC or partners) selectively available to certain members at any time, based on membership type, Program participation, or other factors determined by WAC at its sole discretion.
- Rewards accrued in a member's account shall be maintained in the account until they are redeemed for an award, or until they expire, whichever occurs first.
- Rewards accrued during a calendar year shall expire on August 31 of the following year.
- WAC will set the awards available to be redeemed and the amount of usage necessary to earn each such award. Further, WAC shall establish the process for award redemption.
- Awards may, at the request of the member, be issued by WAC in the name of the member or in the name and for the use of any other person. If an award is to be issued in the name of someone other than the member, WAC may require the member to execute the request for the award transfer in person at a WAC location, by endorsing each certificate redeemed in favor of the specified designee and providing official identification.
- Usage earned in two or more different accounts may not be combined for any purpose.
- Awards certificates will be subject to taxes, daily resort charge, program terms, and policies of the hotel at which reservations are scheduled.
- After an award certificate is issued, a service charge may be imposed for each change requested by the member, which necessitates the reissuance of the certificate.
- The award structure is subject to modification, cancellation, or limitation at WAC's discretion, with or without notice. The amount of usage required to earn a status or reward may be substantially increased, any award may be withdrawn, and restrictions on any award or its redemption may be imposed at any time. The accumulation of usage does not entitle Program members to any vested rights with respect to any awards or the Program.
Upgrades will not be allowed on free or rewards accommodations.